burn the midnight oil 开夜车;熬夜
Thank you for burning the midnight oil alongside me! 谢谢你跟我一起挑灯夜战。
drives sb. bonkers /?b??k?z/ 让某人发疯
That drives me bonkers. 简直让我发疯。
blow one's mind 让某人惊讶
Your lack of concern on this issue blew my mind. 你对这件事漠不关心,令我惊讶。
be on cloud nine 非常高兴,九霄云上
When the boss announced my promotion, I was on cloud nine. 当老板宣布我被提升时我非常高兴。
in a blink of an eye 一瞬间,一眨眼
In a blink of an eye, he vanished. 就在灯亮的一瞬间,他消失了。
hand-me-down 别人用过的东西; 别人穿过的衣服
Edward wore Andrew's hand-me-downs. 爱德华穿的是安德鲁穿过的旧衣服。
She hated having to wear her sister's hand-me-downs. 她讨厌穿她姐姐穿过的旧衣服。
on the cusp /k?sp/ of 将要进入特定状态的 (cusp 尖头,顶端)
I am sitting on the cusp of middle age. 我正处于中年。
So, here we are on the cusp of April and we get another May swoon again
With the economy on the cusp of recovery, consumers are finally fulfilling their wanderlust /?w?nd?l?st/旅游热.
be burned out 觉得精疲力尽的
By the age of 25 she was completely burned out and retired from the sport. 她到25岁时就已体力耗尽,退出了体坛。
免责声明:
1、如转载本网原创文章,请表明出处; 2、本网转载媒体稿件旨在传播欧洲杯押注软件下载_欧洲杯押注平台:有益信息,并不代表同意该观点,本网不承担稿件侵权行为的连带责任; 3、如本网转载稿、资料分享涉及版权等问题,请作者见稿后速与新航道石家庄学校联系(电话:400-0311-689), 我们会第一时间删除。